Our P&PA Solution Started with Requirements
The requirements for Program & Project Assessment (PP&A) can be expressed in terms of the solution and the framework.
A P&PA solution should include Assessment:
- Integration - does the solution integrate assessment?
- Content - does the solution have content that can be used for assessment?
- Framework - does the solution incorporate key features of an effective assessment framework?
- Tools/Automation - does the solution leverage tools and/or automation to facilitate the assessment process?
The P&PA framework should incorporate key features of an effective assessment framework based upon best practices. Key features include:
- Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) - how hierarchical components (i.e. life cycles, milestones, projects, ratings, etc) will support the P&PA framework
- Assessment Life Cycles - how assessment content will be defined, maintained, and aligned to life cycles from leading Subject Matter Experts (SMEs)
- Assessment Milestones - how assessment scope will be defined, maintained, and used to capture results
- Basis of Assessment (BOA) - documents the core assumptions and methodology for how assessments will be handled
- Balanced Scorecard - ensures a balanced and objective assessment perspective
- Assessment Process Flow - depicts the assessment workflow
- Earned Value Management (EVM) - the basis for validating schedule and cost performance vs. established baselines, and used for trend analysis
- Best Practice Facilitation - how best practices identified during assessment milestones will be leveraged for future programs and projects
- Assessment Mechanics - areas of assessment support relative to the principles, oversight/governance, reporting, and deployment
P&PA Solution Design
In response to the P&PA solution and framework requirements identified above, ProjectRx LLC developed the PROJECTRx® Model and Framework. To learn more about P&PA requirements or the PROJECTRx® Solution Design, please contact us.
© 2015 ProjectRx LLC. All rights reserved.
Phone: (484) 575-2065